The vanadium flow battery (VFB) is considered to be a milestone in the history of regenerative energy management, well suited to many sustainable energy applications.
Whether in combination with solar PV (photovoltaic), wind power, biogas generators or in parallel operation – the VFB ensures uninterrupted power supply.
The vanadium flow battery is independent of weather and temperature fluctuations, length of day and unstable grids.
The range of VFBs we offer have a reference showing the number of kilowatts of power output and the number of kilowatt hours of storage.
A 10/40, for example, is a flow battery with 10kW of power and 40kWh of storage with the ability to provide the 10kW for 4 hours; a 250/2000 is a flow battery with 250kW of power output and 2000kWh (2MWh) of storage with the ability to deliver 250kW of power for 8 hours.
More reasons to choose the VFB for energy storage
- High level of safety, non-flammable, non-explosive
- Virtually unlimited cyclisation
- Scalable system through a parallel connection of multiple batteries
- 100% capable of deep discharge cycles
- Turnkey energy storage in a weatherproof and tamper-proof housing
- Up to 86% round-trip efficiency
- Integrated system solution, including specially adapted inverters, thus giving access to various energy sources.
- Optional remote or online maintenance
- Central temperature management
- Optimal operational performance as a result of smart battery management
- Vanadium is environmentally-friendly and recyclable
- Spontaneous response to load demand